Guidelines for practice at the studio:
1. Arrive 10 minutes early.
2. Wear comfortable lightweight clothing that is flexible and non-binding such as shorts, tee shirts and stretchy workout wear.
3. Yoga is best practiced on empty stomach. Wait about three hours after a large meal and two hours after light snacks.
4. Inform the teacher prior to class if you are pregnant, have any serious health conditions such as neck, back, or joint injuries, recent surgery, high blood pressure, etc.
5. For the comfort of others, refrain from wearing perfume or cologne.
6. Yoga is practiced with bare feet. Please take off your shoes before entering the studio.
7. Please turn off cell phones and pagers before entering the studio.
8. If you have to leave early, try and rest few minutes in shavasana (Corpse Pose) at the end of your practice.
9. If you need to leave early, leave before the rest of the class begins shavasana, in order to avoid disruption to their resting time.
10. If you are having any medical concerns, please consult your physician before taking up yoga practice.
General Yoga tips to practice on your own:
1. The time most suitable for Yoga is in the morning before breakfast when the mind is calm and fresh, and the movements can be done with ease and vitality.
2. Seek a quiet place, which is well ventilated. There should be no distraction whatsoever.
3. Empty your bowels and bladder, clean your nostrils and throat of all mucus.
4. Always remember to begin with the easy postures and then proceed to the difficult ones. One must follow the graded steps of Yoga.
5. In the beginning, practice movements lightly and stop if fatigue shows.
6. Periods of relaxation are advisable if a particular exercise proves to be tiring.
7. Yoga trainers recommend a balanced diet (Sattwik Ahar).
8. The quantity of food should be moderate (Mitahara)
9. Avoid overeating, fasting or skipping meals. Stale or non-nutritious food is harmful.
10. Take long and deep breath. Close the mouth, inhale and exhale only through the nose.
10. For easier practice, you can try some commercial yoga accessories/props, such as yoga belt, foam blocks, yoga pillows, and rubber mats.
11. Always end your practice with relaxation (Shavasana).