A compassionate yoga class designed to help tune into your own body and stretch and move in the way that feels right for your body in the moment. The class emphasizes stretching, coordination of breath with movement and attention to alignment. The class is designed to create breath awareness, enhance balance and increase flexibility. Gentle Yoga is for people new to yoga or those who are experiencing joint sensitivity, overall stiffness due to lack of activity or other physical limitations.
- Movements to warm up all muscles, joints, limbs
- Introduction to basic yoga poses
- Different types of breathing exercises (Pranayama)
- Deep relaxation and a guided visualization to help release tensions and reduce stress
Class Day, Time and Location
• Monday & Thursday 9.15 am – 10.30 am (Om Yoga Center)
(Drop in is allowed)